Sunday, May 20, 2018

Live in the Moment

16 days ago I got my new fitness tracker, and set my goal to walk at least 10,000 steps per day.  16 days later I've met my goal every day so far.  It hasn't always been easy, with life getting in the way sometimes, and the weather hasn't been very cooperative so far.  But I've been finding ways to squeeze in as many steps as possible.  Sometimes that's walking around the parking lot at work during lunch, parking further away, waking up extra early to get in a quick half hour walk, or even going to the one place I dislike the most - the mall. 

For 16 days in a row I've met that goal, and that's resulted in 91 miles for me.  With Michelle's steps for the last few days that puts us at 113 miles, 77% of the way through our first leg.  We should reach Bryce Canyon National Park this week.

When I bought my fitness tracker I also got a pair of wireless headphones.  They've been great so far, and they allow me to listen to music while I walk, which is a must for me.  I figured I'd share some of the songs that I listen to on my journeys, at least the PG-13 ones. 

Up first is one of my favorite bands, Portugal. The Man.  I saw them for the first time about five years ago in the middle of the afternoon at a festival, and with their latest album, they've really gotten pretty big.  Even if you've never heard of them you've at least heard a commercial playing Feel It Still.  It's hard to believe they are doing things like playing Ellen now. 

This was a good rendition of Live in the Moment -






No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Welcome to Yellowstone National Park!

Welcome to Yellowstone National Park!  We've made it to Wyoming, our fourth state.  Next up we begin a 615 mile journey to Pikes Peak...