Sunday, May 20, 2018

The Journey Begins

I found a website that calculated the optimal route around the country stopping in all 48 states in the continental US.  The calculations were meant for driving, but we'll use the same stops.  I found two different options, capitals, or landmarks, and decided to go with landmarks. 

We'll begin in state number 1, Arizona, at the Grand Canyon:


The first leg of the trip will be 146 miles and take us from Grand Canyon National Park to Bryce Canyon in Utah:


Right now the weather at the Grand Canyon is 68 degrees as we begin our virtual adventure.  I'll work on updating the website to make entering the miles easier, but for now either send them to me, or post them in the comments. 

Any miles that you walk, or miles that you ride on a bike will count.  If you want to put the number of steps that you walk that's fine too, and I'll add them as 2500 steps for a mile. 

Now get moving!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Welcome to Yellowstone National Park!

Welcome to Yellowstone National Park!  We've made it to Wyoming, our fourth state.  Next up we begin a 615 mile journey to Pikes Peak...